DANASWAB VIRAL Sample Collection Kit is designed for collection, ambient storage and transport viral DNA/RNA from samples collected using a swab, including nasal, throat, saliva, fecal, surfaces and wherever a swab may be deemed appropriate per application.
DANAVIRAL Stabilization Solution effectively inactive viruses and prevent nucleic acid degradation in samples collected with the provided swab, resulting non-infectious samples to be handled and shipped safely.
Each collection tube is pre-filled with 1 ml and the nucleic acid content of samples is preserved at ambient temperature (DNA>1 year; RNA up to 1 month). Samples can be frozen (-20/-80°C) for prolonged periods.
To use these swab collection tubes, just swab any sample and break the tip into the collection device prefilled with the DANAVIRAL Stabilization Solution.
- Open package containing swab and collection tube. Remove the individually wrapped swab and the preservative tube. Do not touch the swab tip.
- Swab the sample. For fecal and soil samples collect approximately no more than 100 mg.
- Open the collection tube and insert swab tip into the microtube.
- Break the swab tip (breaking point 20-30 mm) leaving the swab tip in the collection tube. Make sure that the swab is in contact with the solution.
- Replace the tube cap, securing tightly and invert microtube several times. The sample is stabilized and ready for transport/storage prior to purification of DNA and/or RNA.
• Used for collection, storage and transportation of viral samples.
• Inactivate microorganisms and viruses for safe and easy transport and handling.
• Compatible with many sample types, including nose, mouth, throat, biological fluids, environmental samples.
• Room temperature transport.
• Preserve total DNA, including viral DNA, at room temperature (4º-25ºC) 1 year.
• Preserve total RNA, including viral RNA, at room temperature (4º-25ºC) 1 month.
• Compatible with most DNA and RNA isolation methods. We recommend to use our DANAGENE DNA/RNA VIRAL Kits.
|0603.47||DANASWABVIRAL Sample Collection Kit||100|
|Collection tubes with DANAVIRAL Stabilization Solution||1ml x 100 units||Room temperature|
|Swabs||100 units||Room temperature|