DANAGENE Microbial DNA is designed for rapid purification of highly pure genomic DNA from microorganisms (gram-negative and gram-positive bacteria, yeast, and fungi).
Microbial samples such as gram-positive bacteria, yeast, and spores can be difficult to lyse due to their strong complex cell wall structures. The DANAGENE Microbial DNA kit replaces enzymatic lysis by utilizing mechanical disruption of cell wall structures with the Bead Microtubes. The Bead Microtubes can be used in combination with many compatible disruptive devices.
Beginning with a bead-beating protocol, cells are lysed through a combination of mechanical force, heat and detergent, vortexed using horizontal adapter for the Vortex Genie 2 Vortex or using others common disruption devices.
Appropriate DNA binding conditions to the Microbial DNA Columns are achieved by addition of large amounts of chaotropic salts (Binding Buffer) to the lysate. Contaminants are removed by two efficient washing steps. Afterwards, The resulting DNA is recovered in a DNA-free Tris buffer to use for subsequent reactions.
• Designed for rapid purification of highly pure genomic DNA from microorganisms(gram-negative and gram-positive bacteria, yeast and fungi).
• Silica-membrane technology with MiniSpin columns.
• Bead Microtubes for efficient lysis included in combination liquid Proteinase K.
• Suitable for a large variety of starting materials: Microbial cultures and agar plates.
• Sample material: 1.5 ml culture up to 50 mg wet weight cell pellet.
• Typical yield: Approx. 5-25 µg depends on sample type.
• Preparation Time: 35 min.
• Elution volume: 100 µl.
• Total DNA from microbial cultures.
• Typical downstream applications: PCR, real-time PCR, southern blotting, enzymatic reactions.
|0619||DANAGENE MICROBIAL DNA kit||50|