We presented a different kits for an efficient and fast purification of highly pure genomic DNA from a wide variety of saliva samples including:
DANAGENE SALIVA DNA Kit
1. Saliva samples.
2. Preserved Saliva samples with our DANASALIVA Sample Collection Kit. Ref.0603.43
3. Preserved Saliva samples with the ORAGENE self collection kits (DNAGenotek).
DANAGENE SWABS DNA Kit
1. Danagene’s buccal swabs.
2. Preserved buccal swabs with our DANASWABS Sample Collection Kit. Ref.0615
The process includes a cell lysis with an anionic detergent that solubilizes the necessary cell components, proteinase K and RNase. The cell proteins are removed by precipitation, which allows to leave the genomic DNA in solution. Finally, the genomic DNA is isolated by a precipitation with isopropanol.
• DNA from saliva is equivalent to DNA from blood for downstream applications.
• Improve patient care and compliance with painless, non-invasive sample collection and decreases costs.
• Reproducible, fast and non-expensive method.
• Safe method, as it removes completely the need of using toxic reagents.
Applications: DNA purified using this kit is highly stable and suited for use in a wide range of applications such as:
• DNA archiving.
• PCR and quantitative real-time PCR.
• SNP analysis.
• Southern Blotting.
• Next Generation Sequencing.