GELSAFE Nucleic Acid Gel Stain Solution (20,000x) is a new and safe nucleic acid stain, an alternative to the traditional ethidium bromide(EtBr) stain for detecting nucleic acid in agarose gels.
It emits green fluorescence when bound to DNA or RNA. This new stain has two fluorescence excitation maxima when bound to nucleic acid, one centered at 309 nm and another at 419 nm. In addition, it has one visible excitation at 514 nm. The fluorescence emission of GELLSAFE bound to DNA is centered at 537 nm.
The staining protocol for GELSAFE Nucleic Acid Staining Solution (20,000x) is similar to that for EtBr. Compared to EtBr, known as a strong mutagen, REALSAFE Nucleic Acid Staining Solution (20,000x) causes much fewer mutations in the Ames test. In addition, GELSAFE Nucleic Acid Staining Solution (20,000x) has a negative result in mouse marrow chromophilous erythrocyte micronucleus test and mouse spermatocyte chromosomal aberration test
- Used for detecting DNA and RNA.
- Alternative to the ethidium bromide staining.
- As sensitibe as EtBr or more sensitive than that.
- Non-toxic, non-mutagenic and non-carcinogenic.
- No hazard waste.
- Visualization of DNA and RNA bands as they separate during agarose gel electrophoresis.
- Isolation of DNA fragments for subcloning without introducing mutations normally cause by EtBr.
|GELSAFE||GELSAFE Nucleic Acid Gel Stain Solution||1 ml|